I’ve had a bit of ADHD lately with my projects. I’ve been working on four at a time.
Here’s the next part of the mystery sal completed:
I also started two projects. First, Northern Expressions Needlework’s Antique Lace band sampler:
This is stitched on ruby wine linen with HDF’s examplar white chocolate silk. Since I had to order quite a large piece of linen to get the right length, I had plenty (after I cut it in half) to use the other piece for the Coat of Arms SAL.
This one is using “Obsidian” silk from The Silk Mill. It’s gorgeous, shiny filament silk — but as slippery as snot. I quickly learned to use much shorter lengths than usual (for this linen count, I have to use two strands to get the coverage I like). I feel more worn out after wrestling with the slippery silks, so I might regret my decision to use it on such a large project. But it’s absolutely gorgeous…
I’m not sure what other colors I’ll be using in the CoA yet. I want blacks or dark grays that look good on the deep red. I’ve placed another order from Carrie’s Threads, and as soon as The Silk Mill is shipping again (they’re moving and won’t ship until after 10/1), I’ll order more shades of black. I’m tentatively thinking that I’ll do each row of the sampler in a different shade of black. That’ll allow me to explore a bit.
My other project is a small kit with lots of beads that That Man talked me into the other day. I don’t have pictures of it yet but I’ll snag one the next time I work on it.