I’ve been in nesting/organization mode lately around the house. This past week/weekend, I:
- redid our budget
- made up new meal plans and staples grocery lists
- organized my control journal ala Fly Lady. I’ve tried this many many times but always fall off the track pretty quickly. Sigh. But so far I’ve managed to keep going for a full week. I’m not doing the cleaning routines yet — just maintaining the daily to-do, checking the regular school routines, mealplans, bill schedules, etc.
- Oversaw the monsters while they cleaned out their dressers and put away their summer things. Began dragging out all the winter things. Sorted through all their clothes and made a huge donation to Disabled Vets. I even went through my closet and cleaned out another huge stack of things that don’t fit.
- For once, that “doesn’t fit” category means they’re too big!!!! I even tried on my suits I wore to interviews when we moved down here almost 12 years ago (after a Weight Watchers stint after the birth of the first monster). Lo and behold, they FIT. I was stunned. I did donate most of those two mix/match suits because they’re so dated — but I kept the straight skirt that I wouldn’t have come close to wearing a few months ago.
- I got rid of all my “fat pants.” You know, the loose, comfortable ones I could wear at my biggest with plenty of room. It was a little scary – like a comfort zone. If I start gaining, what will I do if my current stack of saggy jeans suddenly get tight? Well, duh, that’s the point….
- On a fun note, we had another weenie roast at my Dad’s this past weekend and we dragged my BIL & SIL along for the ride. So much fun! Although now I’m angsting again (see yesterday’s post).
- I made it to the post office! I had to wait until Princess was out of school so she could help me carry all the packages inside. I still have a couple of things to mail out (I ran out of ARCs temporarily) but finally got out all the latest prizes.
As you can probably tell from the scarcity of my posts lately, I’m battling a bit of ennui. I think it’s a mix of Evil Day Job stress and two releases coming out back to back, plus all the blog promotion, etc. I’m just burned out a bit. I haven’t done any productive writing since August and that makes me very very sad. However, I haven’t felt the burning desire to jump back in, either.
I guess I needed time. However, I planned a ton of vacation around NaNoWriMo this year, so I’ve got to find my writing gear again by the end of the month. I’m going to start out by finishing that #%&*@#! synopsis. There’s no reason I can’t whip that puppy out and get at least one book off my list!
I’ll check back in as soon as I finish the synopsis!