I really didn’t think it would be possible for me to get caught up today, but I made every single one of my goals.
My goals for last week were:
- Revise 10K of NSR. Result: 10,304, thanks to 5,421 today.
- Revise short story for antho call. Result: fixed the last niggling issue and tightened. It’s ready to submit.
- Initial research and worldbuilding for SFR complete enough to move on to characters. Result: This story is going to have a very mannered feel, but in a twisted, near-spoof sort of way that I adore. (As long as I don’t let it get too cheesy.) I have most of the heroine’s background figured out, as well as her father’s. I have all the main characters named except the hero. He’s still a big fat question mark.
Goals for this week:
- Submit the short story to the antho, which requires a query and a “new” bio because I think I’ll be submitting this under a different pen name.
- Revise another 10K of NSR.
- FInalize characters for the SFR. Specifically, name the hero and figure out his goals and background. How is he in opposition to the heroine’s goal?