I’m writing this blog entry from lovely St. Paul, MN where I’ll spend the week visiting the Evil Day Job home office. Some notes about the trip up here:
- Despite our lawn needing to be mowed, it was SNOWING when we left the house this morning.
- We left the house at 4:30 a.m. so we could eat breakfast together at the IHOP. It’s tradition.
- It was FRIGID on the plane. After a few minutes, the pilot came on the speaker and informed us the heater was broken, but he assured us the plane would warm once we were in the air. Oh, goody, it’s always comforting to hear that something is BROKEN on the AIRPLANE. Even something as little as a heater.
- A few minutes later, the pilot came on the speaker again and said that since it was so cold on the plane, they’d emptied the water reservoir to ensure it didn’t freeze. (Yes, it was that cold.) And so they couldn’t make coffee. I’ve been up since 4:00 a.m. and there’s no coffee??? *dies*
- The flight was uneventful (and warm once we were in the air). I’m reading Duke of Shadows by Meredith Duran.
- After landing, we sat on the tarmac for 10-15 minutes or longer. I don’t know exactly. I did say I was reading. But Wanda definitely had to wait on me to hike out of Concourse C and find my baggage.
- Wanda and I spent an incredible day talking, shopping, drinking coffee, talking, eating, talking, talking books, talking…
- So far, I haven’t needed my jacket HERE although there is still snow on the ground in places. Okay, I did get a little chilly after dinner, but it was still bright and sunny.
- I’m heading to bed shortly because I plan on getting up around 4:00 a.m. tomorrow to write before getting read for work. Yes, I am insane but Gregar is adamant. My biggest worry is that Caribou Coffee doesn’t open until 6:00 a.m. and so I’ll have to drink hotel swill.