I must admit that I’m decidedly grumpy today. The scale is up for absolutely no reason. I didn’t get any writing done all weekend, including Friday. But I’m not going to sit here and dwell about how empty my cup might be. Instead, I’ll be glad that…
- We went to Silver Dollar City in Branson, MO Friday for That Man’s birthday and had a blast. This was Littlest Monster’s first trip and she was incredibly brave, riding several rollercoasters, etc. The only ride that she didn’t like was the Giant Barn Swing.
- We walked all over the park on Friday, sweating and getting tons of exercise.
- I even rode several rides!
- I managed 2 sessions of Power 90 last week without keeling over.
- I survived That Man’s birthday without blowing my diet. I had two bites of his birthday cake and that was plenty (I really don’t like store-bought cakes, which is what he requested, so no hardship there).
- I’ve managed just over 4500 words on Phantom so far.
- I started a new short story idea this morning. My track record for anthology calls sucks, so if this story isn’t a go, you’ll get yet another free read!
- I updated WordPress on my blog this morning without blowing it up.
- I joined Google+ this weekend and I actually like it better than Facebook, although I haven’t been out there much yet.
- I received final files for Golden this weekend, woot! Any interested reviewers, just let me know what format you’d like! Formal review queries will be going out this week.
- I bought this pattern and made a set of slippers yesterday, plus started a new pair. Still fiddling with the pattern to get the sizes right, but I’d like to make a pair for my SIL’s sister before she heads back to New Jersey. (They were talking about fond childhood memories this weekend and the ones their Polish mother/grandmother used to make.)
What good news can you share today?