It’s been dreary and chilly here (but thankfully no snow or ice) and I feel like I’m running on half empty thanks to our busy schedule lately…so I need some good news!!
- I’ve completed three full weeks of Power 90 and started week 4 yesterday. I haven’t been rewarded on the scale (yet) but I can definitely feel muscles!
- I can do more pushups now than when I started.
- I can hold a plank from my toes, though I still do the pushups from my knees, and I can’t do that one downward dog to runner’s stretch move yet.
- We’re loving the Vitamix and have used it at least once every single day since we got it. The only thing that was a complete fail so far – homemade V8. Ugh it was terrible. I couldn’t even save it by using it in soup. Back to the drawing board on that one!
- Steady stretching has been helping my plantar fasciitis considerably. As long as I sit on the edge of the bed in the morning and give my foot a good stretch (pulling on my toes, really stretching the calf and arch), then I can walk into the bathroom without pain. Keeping my good shoes on all day, every day, is also helping. I can exercise without any pain.
- The Horse Master of Shanhasson finally went to $0 on Amazon (to match Smashwords pricing) and WHOA, I was stunned to see how many “sales” I had as soon as that happened. Hopefully my pricing strategy will be effective. I deliberately want a free read, and then one cheaper at $2.99 to hopefully hook readers into the rest of the series, which is priced slightly higher (but all under $5). The first book is 20K shorter, and the other 2 are over 100K so I think the slightly higher price is justified. We shall see!
- Still slowly working my way through “3Aliens.” The dam has not yet busted free yet but I’m still making headway.
- I have Tuesday off this week from the Evil Day Job to get my hair spiffed up again and hopefully get some nice wordage!
What’s your good news?
2 thoughts on “Good News Monday”
And catch up on your sleep 😉 I think your pricing is right on target, and not just because I love the stories. Have a wonderful week Joely!
I know your pain on the plantar fascitis. Man, I hobbled in agony every hour after getting out of bed for, what, a year? Before you and Mom got me decent shoes for standing all day on ceramic tile?
Seriously, Sis, I still can’t thank the both of you enough for those. And I’m glad to hear yours is finally letting up!