Did you know that today is supposed to be one of the most depressing days of theyear? We did have a pretty sad weekend, and I’m working at the Evil Day Job today even though everyone else in my family is off, so I decided to have a POSITIVE post.
My good news for today and this month:
1. I’ve lost 8 pounds so far this month.
2. I made a significant breakthrough in my understanding about the direction I want to go with my writing for the next several years.
3. I’ve mapped out my writing plan for the next three months and it’s doable (vs. insane, which I sadly tend to attempt).
4. I’ve returned to modest exercise this month and I’ve been eating more natural, real, whole foods (see #1).
5. Doing the dishes (see #4 – requires lots of cooking from scratch) hasn’t killed me yet.
6. The monsters haven’t had a snow day yet (although they are home today – I hear them thumping around under That Man’s watch).
7. To earn money for DSis, the monsters cleaned the entire garage this weekend. All I have to do is go through the “Mom” pile (which
I haven’t seen yet, so I can call this a positive).
8. Other than a mild cold, none of us have been ill this winter (possibly linked to #4).
9. I’ve been reading more since I got a Kindle for Christmas.
10. I’ve made the first sale of 2011!
I’ve known for over a week but I’m always a little neurotic that they’ll change their mind before I get the contract. 😉 But I really need the good news and you might too! So I’m happy to say that Golden — an erotic novella loosely based on Imperial China — will be coming soon from Carina Press!
Come on, share some good news! Don’t let this be a “Blue Monday.”
8 thoughts on “Good News Monday”
Congratulations on your sale!!! I’m so happy for you and I’m looking forward to reading Golden!! 😀
congrats! that is good news, 🙂
Happy Monday to you! All good, positive things on that there list. Congrats Joely!
Congrats Joely!! Soooooooooooo psyched about Golden!
Thanks, guys! I’m so excited!
That’s some great news! I got some good news in the form of a tentative invitation somewhere, so fingers crossed that it pans out! I’m not saying what until I know for sure, though.
Thank you, Nicole, and I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you! I hope you can share good news soon!
congrats on teh sale Joely. That’s awesome news.