My July goals…. Not so great. 🙁
- First pass revision for The Bloodgate Warrior, with initial read thru and notes this holiday weekend. Not even started.
- Keep moving on Phantom with about 500 words a day. I’d like to finish the first draft this month but the list is long. I’ll be happy with August. Decent progress until I got sick.
- Make initial edit pass for Vicki with Editor Tera’s notes. Good progress – all changes made except new chapter. Slowly working through it but I need another day or two.
- Write at least 3 more scheduled guest blog posts. Done.
- Write a short story that’s percolating, tentatively “Ritual Ink”. Guessing about 3K. No further progress yet. Need to check my deadline!
- Keep planning promo for Golden and print Victor in September. Good progress, continuing.
- Walk 15 miles. Not done – sick.
- Start Tony Horton’s Power 90 strength portion only, shooting for 3x a week —> 12 workouts. If I survive, I’ll add the cardio portion in August! Not done – sick.
- Participate in Romance Biggest Winner. Continuing!
- Keep losing weight – but I’m not going to say a number because it’s totally out of my control. That’s like saying, “Get an agent this year.” I can query x agents every month…but I can’t make one say yes. I’ll work my plan and exercise — I’ll get to goal eventually. I’m averaging about 1 pound a week right now, so if I lose 4-5 pounds, I’ll be happy. Great progress – lost 7.6 pounds (sure that being sick contributed!)
- Not originally listed: update my website! Thanks to Dawn at Book Graphics, I have a new header, which enabled me to switch to a nice new template.
- I also got all the school shopping done! Wheeeee!
- Finish Vicki’s edits in the next few days and send to my editor. Due by August 15th.
- Finish first pass of revisions on The Bloodgate Warrior.
- Write the first draft of Ritual Ink (short story).
- Pick up Phantom again and get back to work, 500 words a day.
- Release of Golden, August 29th. Means lots of blog posts, etc. to write this month!
- GET BETTER. I went back to the doctor today and I’m on another round of antibiotics to make sure I get all the crackle out of my lungs. Bad news: now Littlest Monster has the beginnings of pneumonia on the right side. Luckily we knew exactly what to watch for and got her on antibiotics immediately.
- Since I’ve been sick, I’m going to slowly work back into exercising. I’m not going to set a mileage goal, but simply stay “return to activity.”
- If I can lose 3 more pounds this month, I’ll hit the big 5-0!
- Get the kids back to school.
What are your goals this next month?