Once I finally get started on something, it’s hard to call me off!
Since I started working on old backlist books Saturday, I’ve been going ham on all my admin tasks that I’ve been putting off.
- Re-edit Free My Dragon
- Re-edit Save My Dragon
- Fix all the back matter through the Shanhasson series and reformat 4 books plus the boxed set.
- Which lead to updating my bibliography document with all links (it was really out of date).
- Fix all the back matter through the entire Connagher series in preparation for loading it wide. Reformat 7 books plus the boxed set.
- Reload what I’ve already published to KDP, Kobo, and D2D with updates.
- Update all of the books2read links with as many retailers as possible, especially for audio books.
- Started hacking up the website, trashing a bunch of old pages that were cludgy or out of date.
- Broke some stuff because I deleted it lol
- Rebuilt missing pages and menus
- Created missing book and series pages. (I still have a few to do but the current ones are updated.)
- Created a new ARC list form to submit links. Preparing to do some clean up with this big backlist push to wide retailers.
- Submitted another BookBub – braced for a YES this time! Please and thank you!
I still need to take a look at Their Vampire Queen back matter and reformat. It’s less bad than the really old stuff but it needs to be updated. I also created a mess for myself by changing my mind on how to handle the spinoffs, so I need to clean up my series numbering on KDP.
I’m still waiting on my Google Play and B&N accounts to update and let me publish, but I got my first book pushed through direct at Apple/iTiunes. Definitely needed a how-to guide for that beast! (And yeah I need to fix the blurb – I don’t like how it’s formatted.)
The next thing will be… deciding when to pull Their Vampire Queen out of KU and take it wide. I’m still on the fence on timing, but I’m hopeful that getting all this groundwork done will help me make that decision.