Let the race for words begin! Yes, I’m participating this year (you can find me as joelysueburkhart).
I wasn’t sure which book I was going to write for NaNoWriMo this year. I’d intended to start The Mummy’s Captive Witch, but Queen Takes King was flowing too well and all the stars aligned for me to just continue writing in that world. I had 32,000 words at the end of October and decided to just keep on going.
So my plan is to finish the King (guessing 60-65K) and then go straight into Queen Takes Queen. Ideally… I’ll finish both this month! Though Queen might go a bit into December.
I’m taking every Monday off in November, plus the week of Thanksgiving. We’re not hosting this year, so I won’t have to burn days of vacation cleaning house and shopping and cooking. So I should have plenty of 3-5k+ days to get both books done this month. That’s the plan at least!
I’m still working out my release schedule for the next few months and beyond. I did finally hear from Carina and it was a no. The only remaining publisher obligation I have is a contemporary proposal for Entangled, but it’s not working yet and I’ve got other things cooking right now.
I haven’t decided if Queen Takes Queen will come in Jan or Feb yet. I should have the cover early Jan, so it’s possible I could release that month. We’ll see. I’ll firm it up once I see how this month unfolds.
For 2018, I’m really going to shoot for the moon. My ideal releases will include
- Queen Takes Queen (Jan-Feb)
- secret pen name release, books 2 and 3.
- Another Queen book or two in a different queen’s POV.
- Queen’s Checkmate or Endgame (haven’t decided which title I like best)
- Three Cuts Deader
- The Mummy’s Captive Witch
- The Prince’s Beast under a new pen name
- A spinoff of the Billionaire series for Entangled
I’m also working on
- A Connagher boxed set. Have the cover–but need to get the formatting done.
- Getting the Shanhasson trilogy into print
- Getting the Connagher books into print
- Getting Lady Doctor Wyre and her men back up for sale (new covers).
These all cost $$$ so I need new releases out to pay for everything. Hence the big push for words.
Words, all the words. My focus in 2018 is MORE WORDS.
2 thoughts on “NaNoWriMo 2017”
You go girl!
Just finished Queen Takes Knights and was pleasantly surprised. This was my first book of yours and loved the way you put a different spin on the Vampire World ! So many authors are sticking to the same cliche vampire stories over and over again. Was really glad to see this completely different take on it. I read it in one sitting and I am really looking forward to the next adventures for Shara and her Bad Ass Bloods.