(Power 90 Update: 30 Days)
I can’t believe I’ve made it 60 days! I’ve never EVER worked out so consistently in my entire adult life. If you check out my calendar in the picture, I only missed two days in February (Sat is usually my rest day). One I made up by walking almost 3 miles on a Sat. The other I took off because I was afraid I’d hurt my knee. Otherwise, I earned all my stars!
(sorry, some of them are wobbly because my arms were shaky!)
I’m stunned at how far I’ve come. When I started Power 90, I:
- couldn’t do a plank from my toes.
- couldn’t do more than 4 pushups (on my knees) for each set.
- couldn’t do the jumping jacks or any of the high impact moves.
- couldn’t do dips.
- couldn’t do 10 full reps of most of the ab exercises.
- could only lift 5 lbs.
- couldn’t do the quad stretch (grabbing ankle behind me)
- couldn’t wear my “drawer” jeans.
After 60 days, I’m now:
- Able to do all the power yoga from my toes. The only move I still need to cheat on a little is the downward dog to runner’s move, but I don’t have to go down to the floor or my knees to make it.
- Able to do 10 pushups for the first 2 sets (still on my knees but I’m getting there). This week I was able to do the “7-7-7” reps of wide, close, and regular pushups for the first time ever.
- I’ve started doing some of the jumping jacks (I’ve had 3 kids, if you know what I mean!).
- I’ve moved up to 10 lb dumbbells for most of the exercises except over the head (e.g. military press) and tricep extensions.
- When I do the sets with lunges (the first two), I hold the 5 lb dumbbells on my shoulders.
- Started doing the “easy” version of dips (with my legs under me to help, instead of stretched out straight in front of me).
- Started wearing those drawer jeans!
- Added additional leg exercises for toning.
- Added additional walking sessions of 30 mins at least 2-3 times a week.
- I can do 10+ reps for all the ab moves except the full-body crunch, but I’m very close there!
- I can grab my ankle easily for the quad stretch.
- My oldest daughter didn’t recognize me as I walked across the street the other night. (That Man and I were in separate cars on kid pick-up duty and we met up at Subway for a quick dinner before Upward awards.)
- I’ve ordered dresses in sizes smaller than I’ve worn in about 15 years — and returned one because it was too big!
- I’m wearing sizes smaller now than I did at my all-time low weight, even though I’m about 4 pounds away…
In February, I lost 6.6 pounds, bringing my total since Jan 2011 to 69.4. Still on Weight Watchers, the most significant food change I made this past month was eating more. I eat anywhere from 3-7 points over most days and still lose. I also lost the following inches (totals since Jan 2012):
- Waist: -1 (-3)
- Bust: -1 (-3)
- Hips: -2 (-4)
- Arms: 0 (-.5 each)
- Thighs: 1 (-3 each)
Today I’ve decided to move up to Level 3/4 for the rest of my 90 days+ (I’m going to continue doing Power 90 up until I leave for RT in April). I hope it doesn’t kill me! I have no idea how much harder it is – I’ve never even watched the routine. Wish me luck!