The best news of all: I’m not sick any more!!!
Well, I do still have a chunky cough (especially when I lay on my left side) but it’s not nearly as bad as it was. Whew, I’ve never missed so many days of work before. I’d much rather take a week off for vacation than sick leave, but at least I have the vacation/personal time to cover it!
Other good news:
- Since Phantom drafting flow has been interrupted, I’m switching gears to revisions. (I’ll pick Phantom back up in August) That means…
- Revisions for Vicki (YOURS TO TAKE) per my editor’s notes. Due back mid-August (but I’ll do them sooner than later). If I can finish them this week, I’ll be very happy.
- First-pass revisions to THE BLOODGATE WARRIOR. Might need more than one pass (it got pretty rough at the end) but the major work will be handled.
- Vicki’s release date is tentatively 5/8/2012.
- Used the sick time last week to begin building a new series for 2012-2013, tentatively Carnivale. Yes, I know there was a television series with the same name, so I might end up calling it Carnivale of [Something]. I already have the premise for the first three books identified, but it needs some detailed worldbuilding before I can get into the specific characters.
Now that I’m feeling better, I need to manage the exploration/building time for the new idea better — I love world and story building, which can interfere with drafting and revising those other “boring” ideas I’ve already tackled. New! Shiny! So don’t expect a lot of updates on this series until I get Phantom finished.
What good news can you share this week?