Originally published at Joely Sue Burkhart. You can comment here or there.
1. Write every day. This is tricky, because not every day is going to yield new words, even if I’m working really hard on a story. That’s okay. When I’m in draft mode, I want 1K a day. Otherwise, I’ll be doing some part of writing every day, whether it’s career related (updating the website, requesting reviews) or revisions.
2. Write 300K.
3. Write another draft of Arcana (formerly RHP), polish in first quarter 2008, and query.
4. Write another draft of Night Sun Rising (the NaNoWriMo novel), polish in second quarter 2008, and query.
5. Editor revisions (completed the third pass 12/31/2007, so this one’s close!) and promotion on The Fire Within.
6. Editor revisions and promotion on The Rose of Shanhasson.
7. Editor revisions and promotion on Beautiful Death.
8. Develop a revision plan to extend Letters to An English Professor from long novella to single title length.
9. Finish a first draft of ANTs (may get bumped to the bottom of the list, but it bugs me because this story is 75% finished).
10. Write The Road to Shanhasson (not sure of timing yet).
11. Write at least one short story to give away as a free read.
12. Revise the website for quicker downloads and easier maintenance (done last night!).
13. Read 52 books.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here! The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It