With a snowstorm threatening — supposedly up to a foot of snow! Ack! — I could really use some good news. I don’t have a lot to report myself but thinking positive will surely help me face this ugly cold Monday. Let’s see, I think I’m really going to have to work to be Pollyanna today.
- Gregar showed up in Lady Wyre’s free-read prequel. *boggles* I know, I know, wrong universe, story, etc. but it’s working and is highly entertaining if self-indulgent. Sherri gave me the idea about Sig and Gregar getting together to compare their knives. Suddenly I saw them in a bar doing exactly that. I’ve got just over 3.5K now.
- I read a book this weekend. I didn’t really enjoy it but since we’re talking about good news, I’ll concentrate on the GOOD and be thankful that I did read and enjoyed my Kindle! (It’s not the book Alison Kent recommended — I’m still looking forward to it.)
- My SIL sent me some inspirational music I can’t wait to listen to today. Hopefully it’ll help with my Evil Day Job stress!
- Today’s the last day of January. Instead of dwelling on all the stuff I didn’t get finished this month, I’ll look forward to February and begin making my goals for next month.
- Edited to add: Another great review for Lady Doctor Wyre! Lianna Williamson writes:
Joely’s latest novella is a stew of awesomeness: one part Regency, one part Science Fiction, and one part Erotic Romance, mixed together and seasoned with a delightful heroine who is both a legendary nanotech scientist and a silk-loving girly-girl, and two sexy heroes that she is not forced to choose between. Throw in an evil queen, a colony planet’s rebellion, a sassy female pirate, and some hot sex, and voila!
Yeah, as I said, pretty skimpy. Do you have any good news to share this week?