This is my tentative schedule and goals for the day. Let’s see if I can hit them.
Dark & Early 5:30 – 7:00
- NaNoWriMo project, Return to Shanhasson.
- Min goal: 1.6K. Optimal goal: 2K.
- Actual: 2244 words. Snippet post coming.
7:00 – 8:00 Get monsters ready for school
8:00 – 8:30 Walk the track at school with monsters (weather permitting–I haven’t been outside yet) Didn’t walk. First, I had a hard time getting everyone ready in time, so we were late, and then the walking track was closed because the Coach (who leads the walking club) was gone today. Sigh.
8:30 – 9:00 Drive to Kaldi’s, get situated. I’m there! It’s weird–this is the first time I’ve ever written in public. It’s fun, but I’m also easily distracted. Plus, I’m alone, which I hadn’t quite thought the logistics through. e.g. after slugging three cups of coffee, I needed to use the restroom. Hello, what about my laptop and stuff I had strewn about? My cup? I didn’t want them to clean up my area! It’s always the little odd things that stymie me. I had to pack up anyway because the gaming room (where the outlets are) was reserved at 10:00, so I raced to the bathroom with my laptop bag all packed, and my coffee cup was still there. Whew, disaster averted.
9:00 – 11:00
- Revision Xibalba, Night Sun Rising
- Editing next section in Ruin’s POV Done, 617 words. Doesn’t seem like much, but Jaid just shocked the hell out of both me and Ruin. That certainly wasn’t in the first draft!
- Begin Quinn’s next section (new) In progress. First draft finished at 899 words. Heading home.
- Jot notes for his story thread through the intersection.
11:30 – 1:30 Lunch, more exercise, pray all goes well at Evil Day Job and they don’t have to call me. That Man is home early and threw a wrench in my lunch plans. However, we did go vote, so that’s taken care of! Late start for the afternoon…
1:30 – 3:30: Not sure yet. See how the morning schedule goes. Another 945 words in Return to Shanhasson to finish up the current scene. Smoldering bath scene coming up! And massage oil. *winks* From Keldar, if you know what that means… NaNo total for the day so far: 3189.
3:30 Pick up monsters from school
Evening hours: never sure how they’ll go. Monsters are out of school on Tuesday, so no big rush to finish homework. Managed only 248 more words, but have a nice start to tomorrow’s bath scene. 3437 on the day. Not bad. NaNoWriMo total: 8020 words.